Re: [HTCondor-users] htcondor.JobEventLog() with truncated event log files

Hi Todd,

many thanks! I will try it :)

Cheers,
  Thoams

On 22/04/2021 17.54, Todd L Miller via HTCondor-users wrote:
I just saw your answer and wonder how well
Âhtcondor.JobEventLog()
copes with rotating the event log file?

ÂÂÂÂI don't know. HTCondor does not rotate (individual) job event logs, but it looks like it's possible for the global (job) event log to rotate, based on the documented knobs. The Python JobEventLog class calls the C++ reader code, which is prepared for the log to rotate, but I don't know if it actually works -- all the testing I did for the Python bindings was with individual jobs, and I don't know if the C++ code's test tests the global event log rotating.

ÂÂÂÂHowever, since EVENT_LOG_MAX_SIZE is specified in bytes, it should be pretty easy to force a global event log to rotate while you're watching it from Python.

- ToddM