Re: [HTCondor-users] Remove mistyped Request...?

On Thu, 2021-04-22 at 14:35:51 +0000, John M Knoeller via HTCondor-users wrote:
> Steffen, condor_qedit will not automatically fix the Requirements expression when you change the RequestGPUs to a RequestCPUs.  You have to use qedit to edit the requirements as well.
>
> For complex changes like requirements, it's best to put the changes into a file and then use  the -edits option of condor_qedit.
>
> There are two ways to go about this.  One way would be to fix your submit file and then use
>
> condor_submit -dump
>
> to have it spit out the correct job classad.  Grab the Requirements line and put it in a file.
>
> The other way is to use
>
>    condor_q  x.y -af:lrng  Requirements RequestGPUs > file
>
> To make a file from job x.y and then edit the file.
>
> Once you have your file of changes use
>
>   condor_qedit x.y -edits file
>
> to make the changes.

Thanks John for the instructions - which would have to be applied on a per-job basis, I presume?
Or would the same selection means apply that could be used with condor_q in other situations?
(We've been talking of 100+ DAG jobs that got submitted with the wrong requirements - removing
and resubmitting, after fixing the job generator, was probably the fastest option.)

- S