Re: [HTCondor-users] upgrading from 8.8.x to 9.0.4 - kerberos auth problems

After re-reading the HOSTALLOW parts of the upgrade document I ran debug mode on a working 8.8.x host and proved that kerberos isn't being used there. So much for *that* theory. I thought HOSTALLOW_ had been deprecated previously (e.g. were ignored in the config) so was just ignoring them. Turns out they were very much in force.

So, moving on from that as bad data, I see two options:
Â- go with a kerberos config based on a working 9.0.4 install I have in another lab
Â- go with theÂIDTOKENS setup

Problem with the first one is I've duplicated it to this lab's setup and am getting the exact same failure.

Problem with the second one is I haven't been able to get it fully automated with puppet. I'm going to see if I can get this working without human intervention but ...

nomad