From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Beyer, Christoph <christoph.beyer@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2021 9:39 AM
To: htcondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] slot cool down time

Hi,

I would like a certain type of slots to cool down after a finished or failed job. Reason is these are interactive jobs and I want the 2nd try of the user (complete new job) not to run on the same node that did not succeed before.

In my tiny brain I thought that something like:

START = $(START) && ((time() - EnteredCurrentState) > 600)

Would do the trick just fine and effectly cause a 10 minute waiting time but apparently it does not - any suggestions ?

Best
christoph

--
Christoph Beyer