Re: [HTCondor-users] slot cool down time

On 8/23/21 5:29 PM, Stefano Dal Pra wrote:
On 23/08/21 16:39, Beyer, Christoph wrote:
Hi,

I would like a certain type of slots to cool down after a finished or failed job. Reason is these are interactive jobs and I want the 2nd try of the user (complete new job) not to run on the same node that did not succeed before.

In my tiny brain I thought that something like:

START = $(START) && ((time() - EnteredCurrentState) > 600)

Would do the trick just fine and effectly cause a 10 minute waiting time but apparently it does not - any suggestions ?

Best
christoph

Hello Christoph,
my understanding is that EnteredCurrentState
is the job classad of a "not yet started job", so that clause would match jobs pending for more than 10 mins.

Hi,

Stefano is right, EnteredCurrentState is an attribute of a job's classad.
The equivalent attribute in the machine's classad is EnteredCurrentActivity.

For reference: https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/classad-attributes/machine-classad-attributes.html

Cheers,
David