Re: [HTCondor-users] Adding a Windows node to an existing Linux-Pool

The Windows installer should have given the user that ran the installer ADMINSTRATOR access.   Lets check that.   please run

condor_config_val -summary

On your windows box and post the output.

The Windows installer should also have created a tokens.d directory and a tokens.sk directory under the directory where HTCondor is installed (usually C:\Condor).   On Windows, the tokens.sk directory is where HTCondor looks for IDTOKEN signing keys,  so this directory is the equivalent of passwords.d on a Linux machine for IDTOKEN auth (but not for PASSWORD auth).

You should not need to store a pool password on a Windows machine unless you intend to use PASSWORD authentication between daemons.   Unlike on Linux, HTCondor Windows never uses the pool password as part of IDTOKEN authentication because the pool password on Windows is actually stored in the registry.

To use IDTOKEN authentication, it should be sufficient for whatever machine is running the condor_collector to have authorization for the Windows machine to join the pool.

If you want to be able to issue tokens from the Windows machine, you can copy the POOL file from passwords.d on one of your Linux hosts to tokens.sk on the Windows machine.

If you want to investigate why  condor_store_cred add -c   is not working, try adding this to your condor_config.loca file.

ALL_DEBUG = $(ALL_DEBUG) D_CAT
debug_cmd = D_FULLDEBUG D_SECURITY:1 D_COMMAND:1
MASTER_DEBUG = $(MASTER_DEBUG) $(debug_cmd)
TOOL_DEBUG = $(TOOL_DEBUG)  $(debug_cmd)

Then run
    condor_config_val add -c -debug

And look at the debug output of this command as well as the MasterLog for that same time period.

-tj