[HTCondor-users] Multiple roles for machines in a small cluster?

I run condor on a small academic cluster.  The system consists of about 9 machines, each with 4-8 cores.  Devoting one machine each to the submit and central manager node roles seems a resource inefficiency (ie, about 20% of the available threads and power consumption goes to submit and manager role).  I realize this is an edge case for most condor installations, but in small systems like mine is it possible to have the central manager and/or submit machines also serve as execute nodes?

Nathan Moore

Winona State University