Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor doesn't release the claim after shutdown with reason "User 'condor_pool' does not match the owner of this claim"

The ReleaseClaim job attribute is an undocumented feature that was meant to facilitate testing the shadow and starter daemons without a schedd. It wasnât intended for use with shadows running under a schedd. Even after fixing this bug, I think youâll encounter other problems. When thereâs a schedd, the code expects the schedd to handle the releasing of claims.

Iâm also looking at your underlying problem with the schedd/shadow trying to reuse a dead claim in the startd.

 - Jaime