Re: [HTCondor-users] Python 3 bindings in HTCondor 8.9.11

Hi Quentin,

The Python bindings contain compiled libraries, and so the version of the Python interpreter used has to match the version of Python the bindings were compiled against. The versions distributed via RPM and DEB packages match the versions of Python available via the Linux distributions' standard package repositories (Python 3.6 for CentOS 7, for example). The workaround, as you have done, is to install via pip or conda.

Jason Patton