Re: [HTCondor-users] How to set a worker node offline in HTCondor

Hi Jeff,

I would suggest using "condor_drain", e.g.

    condor_drain wn-lot-099.nikhef.nl

This will tell the given worker node (condor_startd) to stop accepting new jobs by changing the START _expression_ to False (as Vikrant suggested below), and change the state of the slots to Drain (so it is easy to see nodes in this state via condor_status).

Then when/if you want to resume accepting new jobs, you can do

    condor_drain -cancel wn-lot-099.nikhef.nl

which will return the START _expression_ back to whatever it was before you issued the drain request.

See
  https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/man-pages/condor_drain.html
for more info.

condor_drain can do nifty things, like setting the START _expression_ to anything when in drained state.... the default is START=False, but here we set it up so our draining machines will continue to accept preemptable jobs...

Hope this helps
Todd