[HTCondor-users] restarting / reloading / re-config

Hi Folks,

Weâre bringing HTCondor under our config mgt system. We have the following question about how to deal with a changed config. In the past, on non-HTCondor machines we usually restart the daemon. We have seen that restarting daemons on HTCondor generally results in a restart of jobs (unfortunate, this is [ use your best Yoda accent here ]). condor_reconfig works, but does a reload work as well?

Forwarded message:

From: Dennis van Dok <dennisvd@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Jeff Templon <templon@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ganymede nodes in pre-prod
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 15:04:01 +0100

On 18-03-2021 20:24, Jeff Templon wrote:
Reason: a restart of the condor daemons will restart all the jobs. Can salt handle this, that on condor nodes when a config change is made, it runs `condor_reconfig` instead of restarting the condor daemon via `systemd`??

Would a systemctl reload condor do the same thing? It seems to send SIGHUP to the master. That would be the easiest solution.

JT