[HTCondor-users] problem setting up FS_REMOTE security

Hey everyone,

I’ve been trying to get FS_REMOTE auth type to work on my 8.8 cluster, but to no avail. To the point that even with the auth type listed in the config I get the generic error stating “Failed to authenticate with any method” but I don’t  then get the 1004 error stating the kind of method used, it is as if the method is not recognized. Here is the config I’m using, am I missing something?

SEC_ADMINISTRATOR_AUTHENTICATION = REQUIRED

SEC_ADMINISTRATOR_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS_REMOTE

SEC_ADMINISTRATOR_INTEGRITY = REQUIRED

ALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR = condor@*, root@*

FS_REMOTE_DIR = /admin

/admin is an NFS mounted directory that root can write to (no_root_squash)

Thanks,

Gianni Pezzarossi

Computational System Analyst

Research Services