Re: [HTCondor-users] could not make temporary directory: `/var/lib/condor/execute/dir_ Re: Fw: Xvfb | Docker Universe | Can't open display | (but works with docker run)

On 2021-11-01 4:43 PM, JEAN-YVES SGRO via HTCondor-users wrote:
In a later email I reported trying to use Singularity, as suggested buby Dima, but it failed and I am not clear about why, possibly because Singularity did not inherit or see the material installed within the Image.. or perhaps it is not seeing the internal PATH in the container that is created.

Now that Greg's answer made me look, Singularity wouldn't have helped: it's a bug that would work the same way in singularity -- as long as $TMPDIR is set and is not /tmp. (The key bit that I didn't pay enough attention to is that it fails on the *second* access.)

cheers,
Dima