From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Steffen Grunewald <steffen.grunewald@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 5, 2021 3:46 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 9.3.0 Released

On Thu, 2021-11-04 at 19:12:28 +0000, Tim Theisen wrote:
> The HTCondor team is pleased to announce the release of HTCondor 9.3.0.
> This release contains all of the bug fixes from the 9.0.7 LTS release.
>
> NOTE: Globus GSI has been removed from this release. If you are currently
> using GSI, you must migrate to a different authorization mechanism.
>
> Enhancements in the release include:
> - Discontinue support for Globus GSI
> - Discontinue support for grid type 'nordugrid', use 'arc' instead
> - MacOS version strings now include the major version number (10 or 11)
> - File transfer plugin sample code to aid in developing new plugins
> - Add generic knob to set the slot user for all slots
>
> See the version history for a complete list of new features and fixed bugs:
> https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/v9_1/version-history/development-release-series-91.html#version-9-3-0

Hi Tim,

I'm a bit confused by the new versioning - but there certainly is a particular
reason (one I'm failing to see) to put 9.3.0 (like 9.2.0 before) into the 9.1 tree?

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)