Re: [HTCondor-users] Append job classAd to a certain group of jobs?

There are a variety of ways to do this, but not by using the environment.

You can configure SUBMIT_ATTRS to add attributes to each job before the submit file is processed.  The submit file can override job attributes set in this way.

You can append statements to a job submission by passing the -append argument to condor_submit.   these statements will override equivalent statements in the submit file.

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/man-pages/condor_submit.html

See the condor_submit man page in the the HTCondor manual for more information about these options.

if you control the configuration of the condor_schedd, you can use a JOB_TRANSFORM_* to modify the job classad as it is submitted.   You can also use SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_* configuration to reject jobs that do not have certain attributes set.

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/policy-configuration.html#condor-schedd-policy-configuration

See the configuration section of the HTCondor manual for more information about these options.

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/configuration-macros.html

-tj