Re: [HTCondor-users] Interactive job with request_memory

On 11/23/2021 2:18 PM, Marco van Zwetselaar wrote:
How do I submit an interactive job with a memory requirement?

I expected this to work:

    condor_submit -i request_memory=700G

But this gives a login on an arbitrary machine, with the default 512M allocation.

Hi Marco,

Thank you for the note, I think you have discovered a bug.  I will make a ticket for this bug and we will hopefully squash it soon.

In the meantime, there is an easy workaround by using the "-a" command line option before your memory request; the following command will work as you expect:

   condor_submit -i -a request_memory=700G

Hope the above helps,
Todd