[HTCondor-users] systemd service check for failed daemons

Hi all,

I am looking for a "good way" to monitor for a systemd service unit's
status.

Thing is, that due to a misconfig while testing, I stumbled over a
broken negotiator [1] - and I would like to catch such cases now.
However, the service unit itself is up and running, i.e., from the view
of Puppet (or similar) the service is in its supposed state.

In principle, one could grep for the `Status` line and evaluate it in a
script - but I am unsure on how to properly integrate it with Puppet's
systemd status state checks without running an exec each run and
spamming the logs.

Maybe someone has already dealt with the issue?

Cheers and thanks for ideas,
  Thomas

[1]
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2021-11-11 17:30:25 CET; 1 weeks 5
days ago
    Tasks: 6 (limit: 4194303)