[HTCondor-users] import htcondor fails on windows

Hi All,

I’ve been using the htcondor CLI for some time on my Windows system, and wanted to begin automating some things with Python. This system has a simple htcondor installation (9.4.0) up and running fine, but any time I try to run “import htcondor”, I get the following error:

>>> import htcondor

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

  File "C:\condor\lib\python\htcondor\__init__.py", line 54, in <module>

    from . import htcondor, _lock

ImportError: DLL load failed while importing htcondor: The specified module could not be found.

Clearly it is finding the files in C:\Condor\lib\python, but then it is failing to import the modules correctly. This happens whether running through conda OR in a vanilla python shell. I can’t find anything about this on the net – do you have any idea what would cause this?

Best Regards,

Daniel Sack