Re: [HTCondor-users] Limiting total resource share granted to single users

Thanks! Just to clarify - that needs to be run on the submit node/wherever schedd is running, right?

-J

On 10/6/21 11:35 AM, John M Knoeller wrote:
you can use

condor_userprio -setceiling

to limit the total number of resources given to a single user.

-tj

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jacek Kominek via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 11:33 AM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: JACEK KOMINEK <jkominek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Limiting total resource share granted to single users

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is a way to limit the total amount of
resources granted to a single user, e.g. set up a limit that a single
user can only obtain, say, 85% of all the available CPUs. I know that
there are priorities for resource negotiation etc, but I am looking more
towards prevention of resource hogging by a single user, which can be a
real problem on smaller compute clusters.

Thanks in advance for help!

Best,

-Jacek

--