Re: [HTCondor-users] Problem installing Python bindings

The analogy is not perfect, but think of the Anaconda distributionÂitself as "RedHat" and conda-forge as something more like "Rocky". In reality, the connection isn't quite so direct but I have found that I do not need to use any packages from the "default" (Anaconda) channel and use conda-forge exclusively.

Tom

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 12:01 PM Angel de Vicente <angel.de.vicente@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

tpdownes@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> By eye, what I believe you're trying to do is install a single package
> from conda-forge on top of the anaconda distribution and you're
> running into trouble with the anaconda package itself (which doesn'tÂ
>
> Think of conda-forge as an entire ecosystem of packages as an
> alternative to the default distribution.
>
> The conda-forge instructions guide you to use the conda-forge
> distribution first for all packages.

thanks for the tip. I just created a new conda environment with "-c
conda-forge", and inside that environment there were no issues then
installing python-htcondor.

Cheers,
--
Ãngel de Vicente

Tel.: +34 922 605 747
Web.: http://research.iac.es/proyecto/polmag/
AVISO LEGAL: Este mensaje puede contener informaciÃn confidencial y/o privilegiada. Si usted no es el destinatario final del mismo o lo ha recibido por error, por favor notifÃquelo al remitente inmediatamente. Cualquier uso no autorizadas del contenido de este mensaje està estrictamente prohibida. MÃs informaciÃn en: https://www.iac.es/es/responsabilidad-legal
DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential and / or privileged information. If you are not the final recipient or have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized use of the content of this message is strictly prohibited. More information:Â https://www.iac.es/en/disclaimer