[HTCondor-users] python bindings: how to get history iterator?

Hi all,

I am currently struggling to go through the Python bindings for my schedulers' histories. According to the documentation [1], scheduler.history() should return an iterator over historic job ads. However the function fails with [2] for me. But without arguments, the function should be projecting all ads for all jobs (up to a rate limit), or?

To avoid any problems, I am querying the scheduler on the collector machine itself, where the installed packages look like [3].

Maybe somebody has an idea for me, how to properly get the historic ads?

Cheers and thanks for ideas,
  Thomas

[1]
https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/v9_0/apis/python-bindings/api/htcondor.html#htcondor.Schedd.history

[2]
import htcondor, classad
import socket
import platform
print(platform.python_version())
# '3.6.8'

##########
collector = htcondor.Collector()
schedName = socket.gethostname()
schedAddr = collector.locate(htcondor.DaemonTypes.Schedd, schedName)
schedd = htcondor.Schedd(schedAddr)

##########
print(schedd.query()[0]['JobStatus'])
# 5

##########
type(schedd.history())
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/htcondor/_deprecation.py", line 111, in wrapper
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/htcondor/_lock.py", line 69, in wrapper
    rv = func(*args, **kwargs)
Boost.Python.ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    Schedd.history(Schedd)
did not match C++ signature:
history(Schedd {lvalue} self, boost::python::api::object constraint, boost::python::list projection, int match=-1, boost::python::api::object since=None)

[3]
condor-9.0.5-1.el7.x86_64
condor-classads-9.0.5-1.el7.x86_64
condor-externals-9.0.5-1.el7.x86_64