Re: [HTCondor-users] could not make temporary directory: `/var/lib/condor/execute/dir_ Re: Fw: Xvfb | Docker Universe | Can't open display | (but works with docker run)

On 2021-10-31 1:55 PM, JEAN-YVES SGRO via HTCondor-users wrote:
Any pointer on how to run a Docker file on Singularity... Can it run it un the Docker Universe using a Singularity container since Singularity is not installed.

No. You can build a .sif from Dockerfile but if singularity isn't installed on the worker node(s), you can't run it in singularity. :(

I never tried it myself so I am not sure exactly what this means: https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/singularity-support.html -- whether the .sif job will fail, or still run, just not in a container. If a .sif will "just run" in a regular universe, that may do it.

Dima