Re: [HTCondor-users] StarterLog not available any more?

On 9/18/21 10:03 PM, Marco Mambelli wrote:
Greetings,
Brian told me that starting in 8.9.13 HTCondor is not publishing any more the starter log (StarterLog).
GlideinWMS relies on it.
Is there a replacement with a different name or is a lost log file?

Hi Marco:

In 8.9.13, we changed the way we name StarterLogs to be more consistent and to avoid confusion. There has always been a separate StarterLog for every slot in a startd, and one more StarterLog for the starter the startd runs for testing at startup. As of 8.9.13, every StarterLog for starters that run jobs have the slot number suffix in the file name, and the testing StarterLog is called StarterLog.testing. Previously, if there was only 1 slot in a Startd, the StarterLog for the slot was just called "StarterLog", with no slot suffix, and the testing StarterLog output was also written to this file. Now, in the one slot case, the testing output is written to "StarterLog.testing", and the StarterLog for the job is written to "StarterLog.slot1".

I'm curious though, what does GlideinWMS do with these log files?

-greg