1. How did you install Python 3.8 and the HTCondor Python bindings in your container?
2. Are you running inside the container as root or as a normal user? (There is an example user named "submituser" in the htcondor/mini image that you can su to.)
Good evening all,
I have this odd issue with the Python client for HTCondor. Here is what I am doing:
- Creating a custom Docker image from the condor-mini one
(I need to make some tests running Condor jobs in Docker containers, and this looks like the easiest way to do it)
Here is the Dockerfile:
- From there I can start my container, install Python 3.8 (minimum requirement for the project I am working on) and Docker
- I try to submit a simple job through Python:
As you can see, I get an error "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::python::error_already_set'".
I tried the same code on a local test cluster, and the error does not appear.
Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing it ?
Junior Software Engineer, Space
Europaarkaden II, BratustraÃe 7, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
T +49 6151 86005 43 (direct) â T +49 6151 86005-0
Terma GmbH - Sitz Darmstadt â Handelsregister Nr.: HRB 7411, Darmstadt
GeschÃftsfÃhrer: Poul Vigh / Steen Vejby SÃrensen
www.terma.com â Linkedin â
This e-mail (and attachment(s), if any) - intended for the addressee(s) only - may contain confidential, copyright, or legally privileged information or material, and no one else
is authorized to read, print, store, copy, forward, or otherwise use or disclose any part of its contents or attachment(s) in any form. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me by telephone or return e-mail, and delete this e-mail and attachment(s).
HTCondor-users mailing list
To unsubscribe, send a message to htcondor-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxx with a
You can also unsubscribe by visiting
The archives can be found at: