Re: [HTCondor-users] pid_max on Linux

Hi Gerard,

On 22/04/2022 18:39, Weatherby,Gerard wrote:
Is it possible to persuade the condor daemon not to reset kernel.pid_max when it restarts? We have a legacy application that does not like high pid numbers.

I suppose you could do this by either changing GLOBAL_MAX_PROCESSES in /usr/lib/condor/libexec/linux_kernel_tuning, or turning off "kernel tuning" altogether in /etc/condor/condor_config: ENABLE_KERNEL_TUNING = false. I prefer the latter, and set the required sysctl values in /etc/sysctl.d/ (as they are system-wide and shouldn't be trigged by the startup of any specific service).

Cheers,
Marco