Re: [HTCondor-users] Understand the working of condor_shared_port

Below paragraph from doc [1] mentioned about reducing the ephemeral ports
required on the submit node. How exactly does the condor_shared_port daemon
help in this reduction?

Any daemon that wants to listen for connections needs its own port if the shared port daemon is not in use. The shadow routinely listens for new connections, for example, when doing file transfer. I'm not familiar with every possible use of listen sockets, so I can't be more specific. Remember that allocated ports frequently outnumber live connections and that in many cases, a TCP port number can't be reused immediately.

- ToddM