Re: [HTCondor-users] CCB for multiple pools

All daemons in a pool must be able to directly connect via TCP to your collector daemon. Connecting to the collector cannot involve the use of CCB. So the outside execute nodes you mention cannot be part of the Condor pool thatâs based in the private network.

If youâre describing a case of flocking (where these execute nodes are part of a different Condor pool), the setup you describe can work (central manager in private network, CCB server on public node). But those execute nodes must be publicly contactable (i.e. not inside another private network or behind a firewall).

One host can serve as the CCB server for multiple Condor pools. You would probably want a separate Condor instance for each pool (each using a different well-known port). Some security configurations will require this separation.

 - Jaime