From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Steffen Grunewald <steffen.grunewald@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2022 3:02 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 9.10.0 Released

On Thu, 2022-07-14 at 22:54:44 -0500, Tim Theisen wrote:
> The HTCondor team is pleased to announce the release of HTCondor 9.10.0.
> This release contains all of the changes from the 9.0.14 LTS release
> and the 9.9.1 update release.
>
> Enhancements in the release include:
> - With collector administrator access, can manage all HTCondor pool daemons
> - SciTokens can now be used for authentication with ARC CE servers
> - Preliminary support for ARM and POWER RC on AlmaLinux 8
> - Prevent negative values when using huge files with a file transfer plugin
>
> See the version history for a complete list of new features and fixed bugs:
> https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/v9_1/version-history/development-release-series-91.html#version-9-10-0

Good morning Tim,

I've attempted to build 9.10.0 for Debian Buster and Bullseye, using the -1.1
source package (which in my understanding is meant for Buster).

Some things came up:
- There's no X-Python{,3}-Version: ... declaration in debian/control, we've
  seen that cause strange Python module paths.
- Why no "--with=python2,python3" general dh rule? (Buster supports both.)
- "pcre2 not found, required to build" - this seems to be there since 9.9 at least
  but builds didn't fail before; debian/control lists libpcre3-dev as a build
  dependency, is pcre2 independent of that (so I can add libpcre2-dev as well)
  or should cmake rather check for pcre3 first?

9.0.14 isn't affected by the latter, but an upcoming stable release might be...

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)