Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 9.10.0 Released

Hi,

On Mon, 2022-07-18 at 15:46:19 +0000, Tim Theisen wrote:
> Hello Steffan,
>
> For Debian, 9.10.0-1 is the build for buster and 9.10.0-1.1 is the build for bullseye.

This is confusing since there still seems to be support for Stretch.
Ideally, there should be close to no need for individual control and rules files,
after obsoleting Stretch (which even we have managed some 8 months ago!)

> There is an error in the control file. We converted over to using pcre2 exclusively. So, libpcre3-dev, should be replaced by libpcre2-dev. (I know, it's confusing, libpcre2 is actually the latest version and replaces libpcre3.)

Adding libpcre2-dev, while leaving libpcre3-dev in, appeared to work.

> I will be doing significant work over the next two weeks updating the packaging. I'll see if I can resolve these issues that you raised. Would you be willing to review my work?

I'll be on vacation starting in late July, so I'll probably be unable to respond
before mid-August.
There isn't much to be done (in particular with Stretch and Python2 being phased
out). X-Python3-Version >= 3.7, perhaps some lsb-release tricks, and the option
to build for i386 (who needs that?) on amd64 hardware...

Best,
 Steffen