Re: [HTCondor-users] Updating Job ClassAd during job run

Hi Matthew,

does your update need to take place within the job/payloads context or
would it be sufficient to run afterwards?

In principle, there are the pre/postCmd commands, that are run
before/after the actual job [1]
  +PostCmd = '/absolute/path/or/./jobs/home'

However, since these commands live in their own environment, you would
need to chirp them first before updating.
Probably one could parse the jobs'
${IWD}/{.job.ad,.update.ad,.machine.ad} files for the job/machine ads.
But since the ad values are probably the initial ones, it might be
better to get the current values via condor_chirp.

Cheers,
  Thomas

[1]
https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/classad-attributes/job-classad-attributes.html#index-376

[2]
JOB_TRANSFORM_JobStats @=end
[
# copy_orgPostCmd = "PostCmd"
set_PostCmd = "/cvmfs/some.repo/.../usr/local/bin/postwrapper.sh";
]
@end

JOB_TRANSFORM_NAMES = $(JOB_TRANSFORM_NAMES) JobStats