Re: [condor-users] Fwd: [Medusa-users] ulimit -a

Can it be that you changed the number of open files in a script, which does not get executed for user "nobody"? E.g., /etc/profile gets executed for normal users, but not for user "nobody" under which Condor normally runs jobs?

Regards,
Alexander Klyubin

Scott Koranda wrote:
Hello,

We recently changed the nodes in our cluster to allow 2048 open file
descriptors rather than the standard 1024. On any node in our cluster
I see the following:

[skoranda@medusa-slave001 ]$ ulimit -n
2048

But as the user below points out, when the ulimit is run via Condor in
the vanilla universe we always get 1024 and not 2048.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott

----- Forwarded message from Vladimir Dergachev <volodya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -----

Subject: [Medusa-users] ulimit -a
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:15:41 -0400 (EDT)

It was a while since I needed to run my statistics generating program that needs to open many files at once, and for some reason I can not do it using condor.

condor_run "ulimit -a" reports limit of open files as 1024, but when I rsh
to a node and run ulimit -a myself I get 2048 (as it should be after
recent changes).

Would anyone have a suggestion how I can explain to condor not to lower
the limit ?

thank you !

Vladimir Dergachev