Re: [condor-users] Submit job to arbitray Arch/OpSys (wildcard)?

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 02:59:15PM -0700, Torsten Rohlfing wrote:

> Hi --
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to submit a job so that it will run on
> ANY architecture/operating system? Kind of like a wildcard?
>
> I have a limited selection of host configurations on our cluster (two, to
> be precise), and while it is fairly convenient to provide and select from
> two different binaries, it seems rather awkward to have to put
> "Requirements = <incredibly long and un-pretty list of architectures>"
> in every job submission file.
>
> Any ideas?

The easiest way to do it is to use the != operator -
set your requirements to be

OpSys != "fake_opsys"

A future release of Condor has an much-enhanced version of the
ClassAd library, and will allow you to use regular expressions in
your matches, among other things.

-Erik
Condor Support Information: