Re: [condor-users] priority problem

Pablo,
Unlike LINUX/UNIX systems, Condor uses the following priority scheme:
<The following is FROM the `man condor_submit`:
  priority = <priority>

          Condor  job  priorities  range  from -20 to +20, with 0
          being the default. Jobs with higher numerical  priority
          will  run  before  jobs  with lower numerical priority.
          Note that this priority is on a per user basis; setting
          the priority will determine the order in which your own
          jobs are executed, but will have no effect  on  whether
          or not your jobs will run ahead of another user's jobs.

Cheers,
Mark
On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 18:13, Pablo Abad wrote:
> Hello everybody;
>
> I am trying to install condor in a small cluster ( I have started
> recently), There is a frontend machine, acting as condor master and
> four nodes configurated as dedicated resources.
>
> The script I use with condor_submit is as follows:
>
> universe = MPI
> executable = lu.W.4
> priority = 0
> machine_count = 4
> output = lu.W.4.out
> queue
>
> universe = MPI
> executable = lu.W.2
> priority = 5
> machine_count = 2
> output = lu.W.2.out
> queue
>
> universe = MPI
> executable = lu.W.1
> priority = 10
> machine_count = 1
> output = lu.W.1.a.out
> queue
>
> universe = MPI
> executable = lu.W.1
> priority = 10
> machine_count = 1
> output = lu.W.1.b.out
> queue
>
> lu.W.* is an mpi job which uses * processors
>
> My intention is that the jobs using less processors execute first, so
> i put them a higher priority. But condor starts executing lu.W.4 in
> first place.
>
> am I doing anything wrong? or, do I have to do anything else?
>
> another question; could condor do this itself ? I mean, can condor
> automatically choose jobs with few processes first?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Pablo.

Condor Support Information: