[condor-users] meddling with rank statements

hi,

we're trying to setup part of our pool such that certain users gain an
increased rank on particular machines, if they set a flag in their
submit files e.g. if it's an important job, or needs to run soon rather
than waiting for preemption.

in the condor_config.local, we have:

RANK= (( (Owner == "andy") && (TARGET.SuperJob =?= 2) )*100)  + (Owner
== "rob")
STARTD_JOB_EXPRS = SuperJob

(the second line is because we need the flag for something else)

the intention is that rob will get rank 1 at all times, and andy will
get rank 100 only if he includes:

+SuperJob = 2

in his submit file.

What we have found is that for some time after andy's 1 SuperJob has
run, the CurrentRank remains at 100 for some of andy's normal jobs,
before finally going back to zero. So my question is, is this because
we've messed up, or is it because Condor is not updating everything
straightaway?  We tried this without the STARTD_JOB_EXPRS statement and
it didn't seem to make any difference.

Cheers,
Henry

Condor Support Information: