Re: [condor-users] globus -> condor matching problem

> If it is problem #1, then it's a bit trickier. You may need to mess
> with Globus to adjust the submit file that it creates. (See
> condor.pm.)

OK, you've given me a good pointer where to start looking. I'll scour
the net for any relevant clues, though I'd appreciate any ready hints
that you may have!

Assuming you're using Globus 2.2 or 2.4, look in $GLOBUS_LOCATION/lib/perl/Globus/GRAM/JobManager/condor.pm.

In my copy, around line 234, it writes the submit file. It looks like this:

print FH "Environment = $environment_string\n";
print FH "Arguments = $argument_string\n";
print FH "InitialDir = " . $description->directory() . "\n";
print FH "Input = " . $description->stdin() . "\n";

You can add your own statements to transfer files.

I haven't actually done it before, but it should work. The trick is knowing which files to transfer. :)

Certainly you should specify:

     should_transfer_files = YES
     when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT

If you need to transfer more than the default files though, I'm not sure what to specify, or how to get the list of files from the jobmanager.

-alain