Re: [condor-users] Segmentation Fault

Michael Parkin wrote:

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:01:11AM -0600, A. Garbino wrote:

I'm trying to run condor on a gentoo system with Glibc 2.3, and after building the system I either get:

seth sbin $ ./condor_master

Neither the environment variable CONDOR_CONFIG,
/etc/condor/, nor ~condor/ contain a condor_config file.
Either set CONDOR_CONFIG to point to a valid config file,
or put a "condor_config" file in /etc/condor or ~condor/
Exiting.

Hi I get the same message even when the file ~condor/condor_config is available and has the condor_config file in it. (i.e. I can do a cd ~condor and cat the condor_config file, but then if I run ./sbin/condor_master it gives the same error as Alex gets).

Anyone know why? (this seems like a basic error I've made!)

FYI, Fixed the problem by updating to v6.4.7 for Linux 2.4.x (glibc 2.2) .

Michael.

Condor Support Information: