Re: [condor-users] Windows Condor disappearing/reappearing on gri d

On 15 Nov 2003 11:19:01 +0200 Mark Silberstein wrote:

Does all workstations in the pool have clock at the same time (inside 5
minutes)?...
I have had big job trying to get a solaris workstation to my pool (it has
linux and windows at the moment they work ok)
the solaris stations have clocks set to time that differs alot from the
rest of the stations.?
Tomorrow i try to install new release 6.6 to all nodes and hope it will
solve some problems.

when i submit a job defined for solaris station it will be matched and
best time the job started but then it says cannot longer talk to the
solaris shadow process... (no firewall between Central manager and
solaris station)

if i cant succeed on this next test phase i will give you m8ths all the
information i can (logs, etc...) about the submission because i am all
out of ideas at the moment...

And also i usually get when trying to het this work messages in the
solaris logs that permission denied, but my configuration is correct
there i have set permissions right, i am 99% sure about this.

can this relate also the problem that times between central manager and
solaris have so big difference (maybe days), havent checked recently and
cant remember... ( i could set the solaris to update time from central
manager using ntp)

THX all for any kind off answer.

( i will also try to share my knolidge about condor (3 months using it)
when i have more time (get the current test-bed to work) )