Re: [condor-users] Opensource?

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 11:28:00PM +0000, Antti Eskola wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:28:07 +0800 (CST) Andrew Wang wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > From the beginning of the year, I heard that Condor
> > was going opensource. Does anyone know when we can
> > really download the source?
>
> I read somewhere that the is a really big problem with this...
> condor cannot be compiled without the development environment what they
> use for it so it is going to take a long time to make it to that
> condition that it can be compiled using common tools.

That has been a major part of why we haven't yet released the source - it
was very difficult (and actually impossible, in full form) outside of our
environment. The work to improve the build is mostly completed, and was
the main holdup for Condor 6.6.0.

At this point, we still have a few code improvements we want to make before
we release the source, mostly relating to the Condor Classad library. The
version of Classads we currently use in our code has long been slated to be
replaced, and that work is nearing completion. We very much prefer to wait
with our source release until this change is completed, because it will affect
every single part of Condor.

The bottom line is: we don't have a firm date the offical source release is
going to happen.

-Erik
Condor Support Information: