Re: [condor-users] run NS over condor

I just wonder if anyone try to install NS-2
(http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/) with condor. I would guess someone already
did because this package is quite popular in internet networking
simulation. The machine cluster in my univerisity is just install condor.
However, I could not make NS run with condor. The problem come from the
fact that NS call tcl packages during its operation. tcl package can be
found if I set path to it. I guess condor do not recognize the path so tcl
cannot be founded.

What should I do with this?

Are you trying to run in the standard universe or the vanilla universe?

If you are using the vanilla universe, you probably just need to set the patch correctly. The easiest way is to add "GetEnv = True" in your submit file. As long as your path is set in your environment correctly, your job will also get it. If you would rather not use GetEnv, you can set your path explicitely using the environment variable in your submit file.

If you are trying to run in the standard universe, I don't think it will work. It would be hard to make TCL work in the standard universe.

-alain

Condor Support Information: