Re: [condor-users] condor_status and condor_q failing

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 01:23:21PM -0500, Corey Shields wrote:

> condor_status
> CEDAR:6001:Failed to connect to <###.##.#.##:9618>
> Error: Couldn't contact the condor_collector on hostname.domainname.

i'm guessing that it's simply timing out because the collector is not
responding within 20 seconds.

add this to your condor_config:
  TOOL_TIMEOUT_MULTIPLIER = 3

then it will wait up to a minute before giving up.  you can also add this
to your condor_config:
  TOOL_DEBUG = D_NETWORK D_SECURITY
or even more extreme:
  TOOL_DEBUG = D_NETWORK D_SECURITY D_FULLDEBUG

then run:
  condor_status -debug

and you will get more information.

> Also, when this happens, there is no corresponding entry in the MasterLog or
> CollectorLog to indicate a problem.

hmmm.  i would expect to see something... try upping the debug level for the
collector in your condor_config:
  COLLECTOR_DEBUG = D_NETWORK D_SECURITY D_DAEMONCORE D_COMMAND

if there really is no sign of it in the log, there is some problem than
a simple timeout.  please let me know if that is the case.

cheers,
-zach

Condor Support Information: