Re: [condor-users] condor_status and condor_q failing

Corey Shields <cshields@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On our cluster, occasionally when there is a lot of work going
> on and a lot of jobs in the queue, condor_q and condor_status
> have a hard time connecting to the collector.  Is there any
> specific reason/fix for this?

Off the top of my head, my guess is that the machine is so busy
that the collector simply can't service your request quickly
enough.

Is your central manager also acting as a submit or execute
machine?  If you're running a busy pool you will probably want to
turn off SCHEDD and STARTD on your central manager.

--
Alan De Smet                              Condor Project Research
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                 http://www.condorproject.org/