[condor-users] How do you use CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR in a Standard Universe job?

I am trying to use "mkstemp" from a Standard Universe job.  I need to
parse large input files and need a temporary staging area.  I would
like to do something like:

    _condor_ckpt_disable();
    scratch = getenv("CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR");
    fd = mkstemp("a template made from scratch");
    parse the input files and write/rewind/read fd
    close(fd);
    _condor_ckpt_enable();
    ckpt();

Leaving me with a checkpoint image that can be used to restart the job
without having to parse the input files again.

>From section "2.7.3 Environment Variables" in the 6.4 manual:

CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR - This variable gives the name of a directory where
your job may place temporary data files. This directory is unique for
every job that is run, and is always deleted, no matter how your job
completes.

Condor is trying to open the "mkstemp" file on the machine running the
Condor shadow, this is not what I want.  I could do something with
"Local_Files" in the Condor submit file, but I would rather have the
program take care of it to avoid errors.

Is there a subroutine that can be called to tell Condor to add a
directory to the "Local_Files" list?  Is there any other way to tell
Condor to open a file on the executing machine rather than the shadow?

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics