Re: [condor-users] How do you use CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR in a StandardUniverse job?

Hello Daniel,

We added CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR for the sake of vanilla users, not thinking
about the standard universe.  Hence, the manual is a little unclear in that
regard.  It can be used in your case, but there is a little trick to be
done.  Use "local_files" in your submit file to declare that filenames with
a certain root name are local:

	local_files = tmpfile.*

Then, in your program, use CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR and mkstemp using that root:

>     _condor_ckpt_disable();
>     scratch = getenv("CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR");
>     sprintf(template,"%s/tmpfile.XXXXXX");
>     fd = mkstemp(template);
>     close(fd);
>     _condor_ckpt_enable();
>     ckpt();

At the moment, there is no easy way for your job to manipulate its
submit-file parameters at run time.  We are currently developing a facility
for doing so, but it's not quite ready for prime-time yet.

Cheers,
Doug
Condor Support Information: