Re: [condor-users] Invoking condor commands from java applications

Currently I generate submit files, use Java's exec feature to start commands like condor_submit and condor_status and parse their output. It works, but it's not very elegant and somewhat fragile in the long run because it depends on assumptions about the output generated by those commands.

Is there a more direct way for a java application to use the condor commands?

Right now, that is the only way to control Condor from Java.

Internally, we have been working on a SOAP interface to Condor. I don't have an estimate when the SOAP interface will be done--it may be a while, since we have some higher priority projects right now. When it is done, it will be a good way to control Condor from Java.

-alain