From: Alain Roy [mailto:roy@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 January 2004 17:06
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [condor-users] Invoking condor commands from java applications

>Currently I generate submit files, use Java's exec feature to start
>commands like condor_submit and condor_status and parse their output. It
>works, but it's not very elegant and somewhat fragile in the long run
>because it depends on assumptions about the output generated by those
commands.

>Is there a more direct way for a java application to use the condor
commands?

Right now, that is the only way to control Condor from Java.

Internally, we have been working on a SOAP interface to Condor. I don't
have an estimate when the SOAP interface will be done--it may be a while,
since we have some higher priority projects right now. When it is done, it
will be a good way to control Condor from Java.

-alain

Condor Support Information:

Condor Support Information: