RE: [condor-users] Invoking condor commands from java applications

Hello I just happen to read this chain of email on the topic.
I am currently working in a similar project, but I am using jsp.  I
modified a webpage intended for chimera to make it work for condor
comands.  So far I can submit a job that is already available in the users
directory and I can then check the status by clicking a button that
displays the output of condor_q in your browser.  I will later implement
more complex functions like checking individual logs of different jobs
running. BUT, right now what troubles me is that I can't run
condor_status.
I can click on the button on my web page and it hangs.  I know that this
command is being sent to the "system" since the shell command "ps -ax"
will display condor_submit as a running process.
My question is: What are the requirements to run "condor_status"?  I may
be missing something that I have overlooked but my general idea was that
if condor_q works fine then condor_status should work. My next move is to
run it as the same user that ran the job.
Jose Zamora