Re: [condor-users] condor_hold

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:15:22 +0000  Alexander Klyubin wrote:

> Still, I can't explain why all jobs have been put on hold instead of
> none if the constraint expression didn't match any.

because todd was slightly lying.  seperate constraints are *not*
automatically AND'ed together, they are effectively OR'ed.  so, when
the user said:

condor_hold rannou -constraint Activity!=\"Busy\"

there were two constraints, the one to match all of user "rannou"'s
jobs, and the bogus one for the Activity.  condor_hold tried them
both, and got the following results:

User rannou's job(s) held.
Couldn't find/hold all jobs matching constraint (Activity!="Busy")

so, all of user rannou's jobs were held, but none matching the
other contraint were found...

everything else todd said is true.

-derek
Condor Support Information: