Re: [condor-users] diff copy_to_spool transfer_executable

copy_to_spool : condor maintains spool directory on the computer where
you submit your job from, just like printer spool. So when a job is
submitted, all its files are copied there. I guess that it is done to
ensure that the files to be invoked are not changed. But if you are sure
that the files for the submitted job will always be available for Condor
after job submission, you can set copy_to_spool to false, to avoid this
copy.
When job is submitted, the files necessary for it to be invoked may not
be available on remote resource. So Condor can copy the executable,
which it does by default. However if you know that the executable is
already there ( say, you have Matlab installed on all your computers, so
Condor shouldn't copy it), you can tell Condor not to do it.