Re: [condor-users] RedHat 9 + Standard Universe ?

What dependencies does the Standard Universe have that prevents it from
working with RedHat 8 and RedHat 9 (while it works with RedHat 7.3)? Is
there a dependency on RedHat that will prevent Condor from working on
other Linux distributions?

The checkpointing library interacts with your application at a very low level. Due to changes in C++ implementation in gcc, it takes work to make the library work correctly with new versions of gcc. In the future, we hope to remove C++ from the checkpointing library, which will simplify porting.

It isn't an issue with the Linux distribution per se, but with the default compiler. Although we don't test Condor with many Linux distributions, if you use a build of Condor that matches the distribution you use closely enough, it should work.

Very soon we will release Condor 6.6.1 which will work with RedHat 8 & 9 in the standard universe. It is undergoing final testing internally. Yesterday I would have given you a date for the release, but then a bug was found that will delay the release a little bit.

-alain