[condor-users] SMP configuration

I would like to setup our pool of SMP machines (WIN2k & WINXp) so that only one Condor job can run on any given machine.  I have tried setting NUM_VIRTUAL_MACHINES = 1, but if that particular VM is being used by the owner, I’d like Condor to check the other VM’s  to see if they meet low load requirements and are not already in use by a Condor job.  I would like to have startd check to see if there is already a Condor job running on it’s machine and if so, reject the request, and if not, start up on the least used VM.  Anybody know how to do this or even if it is possible?

Edward Diamond

Engineer, Water Resources

DWR Bay-Delta Office

(916) 653-4603